Tampa, FL 33634 33634
StaffEx is hiring Medical Assistants for Pediatric and Endocrinology Clinics in the Tampa Bay area. We currently have openings in 5 different locations: Fletcher, Apollo Beach, Lithia, South Tampa, and Odessa. The position will be an 8-hour shift, Monday through Friday anytime between 7 AM to 6: 30 pm. The pay range is $15/hr - $21/hr depending on experience.
As a Medical Assistant, you will be responsible for performing patient care activities associated with the personal needs and comfort of patients served by the practice, assisting medical providers, and maintaining a clean and safe environment in accordance with the policies and procedures of the practice.
Medical Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Prepare patients for examinations and assist in the assessment of patient needs and health plan
- Obtain and record vital signs, blood pressure, visual acuity, patient history, medications, and assess patient's physical and mental status
- Complete all necessary documentation for inpatient medical records
- Restock and prepare the medical suites for patient examinations
- Performs other clinical duties as assigned by the supervisor, which may include tracking inventory, ordering supplies, performing blood draws, and serving as a lab technician or other clinical tasks.
Medical Assistant Job Requirements
High school diploma, GED or equivalent. Graduate from an accredited school of medical assisting
Entry-level but at least 1 year of clinical medical office experience preferred
Must be able to pass a background and drug screen
Certification in CPR is required upon employment. A certificate in medical assisting may be required within the first 90 days of employment and must be maintained