Jacksonville, FL 32204 32204
StaffEx is hiring an IT Technician for a non profit organization in the downtown Jacksonville area. The hours are Monday - Friday from 8: 00am to 5: 00pm. This position is a permanent placement. The salary starts at $40, 000/year.
- Provides technical support and problem-solving assistance to all computer users at the command via telephone or on-site visits; diagnoses problems to determine if it is within the software program, client application, or hardware; resolves problems by checking type of computer, software, and client application.
- Sets-up and installs personal computers and peripheral equipment; builds and installs cable, connects hardware, tests hardware for proper operation, and installs software to recognize and utilize hardware; troubleshoots problems associated with the Windows, Office applications, and Internet interface.
- Installs optional hardware such as memory chips, modems, math co-processors, emulation boards, and font cartridges; modifies software programs accordingly.
- Installs and sets-up various software applications and upgrades; tests installations to ensure proper functioning.
- Prioritizes repair work in attempt to meet needs of users; informs users of progress or status of repairs; responds to users in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Disables computer and peripheral equipment when necessary to relocate or change layout of equipment.
- Two year degree from a technical or vocational school in electronics, computer repair or a related field or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Two years experience performing computer repair work with some experience performing individual and classroom training of computer applications preferred
- Operational and application knowledge of the databases available to end users as well as all versions of WINDOWS, Internet interface, DOS, and Apple operating systems.
- No felonies in the past 7 years