Lakeland, FL 33815
StaffEx is looking for an Accountant. The position is Monday through Friday 8a-5p. The pay will be 26.44/hr, based on experience. In this position, you will be responsible for providing accounting and purchasing administration support for the client. The staff accountant will ensure accurate and timely financial accounting records in accordance with GAAP as well as process/maintain accounting document files, including daily accounts payable transactions, purchase orders, vendor maintenance, inventory, etc.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day accounting activities & assistance and support to executive team and backup to receptionist.
- Responsible for the timeliness, accuracy of billing, invoicing, expense reporting, and associated record keeping including but not limited to maintaining A/P files (sorting and filing), ensures required W-9 forms from vendors, and entering invoices (ensuring proper coding and payment applied.)
- Completes month end accrual data and other month end duties as assigned (including inventory, prepare and post journal entries, bank reconciliations, fixed assets, variance analysis).
- Keep track of credit card purchases and month end reconciliation of statements.
- Prepare, process and track all purchase order (PO) requisitions, i.E creating PO, ordering materials, receiving and matching against invoice, maintain excel spreadsheets and file into project costing files.
- Process all Packing Slips Received from Shipping Department and scan to proper project
- Track all Manufacturing Purchases on spread sheet
- Track and order all Lab Supplies
- Fixed Asset accounting
- Prepare credit applications
- A/R activities, including calling customer about payments
- Assist with company team building events and other HR assistance as needed
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
- 5+ years accounting experience
- Bachelor s Degree in business or accounting preferred.
- Must be highly organized, ability to prioritize and plan based on urgency of tasks and office activities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong reconciliation experience
- Strong Inventory experience
- Strong P&L experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must pass background check including credit check