Oldsmar, FL 34677
StaffEx is currently hiring a Purchasing Specialist for a manufacturing company in Oldsmar, FL. This position is 8am-5pm, full time, and temp to hire. The pay starts between $14-15/hr. DOE. The position coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, and supplies for organization by performing the following duties.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment or experience with manufacturing terms/processes
- Aptitude and desire to grow/develop the role into a more manufacturing-based purchasing role
- Reviews requisitions.
- Searches inventory records or warehouse to determine if material on hand is in sufficient quantity.
- Consults catalogs and interviews suppliers to obtain prices and specifications.
- Works with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Selects products for purchase by testing, observing, or examining items.
- Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
- Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
- Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Confers with suppliers concerning late deliveries.
- Approves invoices for payment.
- Expedites delivery of goods to users.
- Experience working with parts and assembly drawings
- 1-2 years of experience with setting and maintaining stocking levels
- 2-3 years of experience in a customer service order fulfillment environment