Saint Petersburg, FL 33710
StaffEx is currently hiring a Preschool Cook for a local educational facility St. Pete area. The position is working 1st shift Monday-Friday. The perfect candidate would be interested in culinary and can mutlitask. The position is paying $10.00 an hour.
- High School diploma or equivalent + a minimal of 2 years of experience working in a large child care facility.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Enthusiastic team player.
Must be able to provide substitute meals for children with special dietary requirements.
- Must possess organizational skills, time management skills, and the ability to prioritize.
Must possess the math ability to increase or decrease recipe quantities, including the ability to use decimals and fractions.
- Use equipment and supplies safely and conscientiously.
- Keep physical environment clean and orderly. Maintain a safe and sanitary kitchen, pantry and storage areas. Cleans and maintains kitchen. Washes and sanitizes food service utensils, equipment, and food storage.
- Contribute to the operation of the center by participating in staff meetings and sharing information gained through attendance at workshops and professional reading.
- Work as a member of a team to ensure continuity and a high standard of quality in all classrooms in the center.
- Report all child nutrition concerns to the DLC Kitchen Manager in a timely manner.
Cooks must be able to work safely around stoves and chemicals while having the physical endurance to spend many hours standing, walking and lifting heavy objects.