Tech Support Specialist
StaffEx is hiring a Technology Support Specialist for the Hillsborough County Supervisor of Elections office. This associate will be responsible for providing support for voting systems and equipment used for conducting and preparing elections. This is a contract assignment starting Sept 5th, the end date is TBD, 8am-5pm, M-F, paying $15/hr.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs diagnostics, testing, and configuration of equipment used in elections.
- Sets up, configures and maintains election system hardware and software.
- Creates and generates reports as required verifying various data is correct.
- Helps create election media used for tabulation and voter check-in.
- Assist with the setup of voting sites used by the public.
- Assist in the training of new users in support of voting equipment and systems.
- Troubleshoots issues and provides support during elections.
- Help desk support for polling locations before and during elections.
- Dispatches field technicians as required.
- Handles special projects and other duties as required.
- Strong written/verbal communications skills with excellent organization and documentation skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities with a proven ability to be flexible, work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities.
- This position requires strong analytical skills, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of networking that include laptops, switches, and printers.
- Elections office experience preferred.
- Ability to work extended days and weekends as needed, with little or no advance notice.
- Ability to lift objects weighing approximately 35 pounds.
- Travel may be required.
- Valid drivers license required.