Saint Petersburg, FL
StaffEx is a hiring several Paralegals for a client in the South St. Petersburg near Tropicana Field. Our client is a growing, contemporary law firm that provides top-tier legal services for businesses and intellectual property entrepreneurs. The firm consists of three (3) partners who pride themselves on their sense of family and spirit of collaboration. This is a full-time, temp-to-hire opportunity that will work Monday-Friday 8am-5pm and will be paid $18-$25/hr depending on experience!
The ideal candidate as a Paralegal will come with experience in the areas of family law, employment law, and general practice litigation. Candidates will have the opportunity to work with attorneys on legal research, drafting practitioner documents, trial preparation, motions practice, and appellate proceedings in the areas of employment and family law litigation.
Paralegals will be responsible for assisting attorneys with preparation of legal documents including, but not limited to, pleadings, correspondence, and discovery notices; answering telephones, triaging emergencies, and maintaining contact with clients and/or attorneys for the purpose of scheduling and assisting; so long as the public and other attorneys are aware of the status and function of the legal assistant/paralegal and that the assistant works under the supervision of an attorney. You will maintain discovery and tracks discovery requests including meeting with various individuals to determine and ensure discovery has been complied with and provide discovery to opposing counsel with proof of service.
The candidate will be responsible for organizing and maintaining files in their proper format and keeps file status databases up to date; ordering supplies, greeting guests, liaising with vendors, troubleshooting tech problems, and tracking inquiries. Will also conduct legal Research; review, organize, and analyze discovery documents as well as review and preparation of trial and hearing exhibits. May also be required to handle billing and basic bookkeeping, manage and develop firm policies and procedures.
- Candidates with a minimum of 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in a law firm practicing in either family law or employment law litigation are preferred.
- High School Diploma is required.
- Associates Degree or Certification in Paralegal Studies is preferred.
- Applicants who have a high interest in protecting the rights of employees, discrimination/retaliation, and/or family law are encouraged to apply.
- High-level organizational skills a MUST
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including excellent demeanor and grammar skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and Clio Practice Management Systems or similar practice management software. Familiarity with QuickBooks Online and WordPress a plus.