StaffEx is hiring a Junior Network Administrator for a position with our clients office in Brandon, Fl. This client handles all elections for Hillsborough County. This is a full-time, long-term contract (temporary) assignment that will work 1st shift (8am-5pm), Monday-Friday and will be paid $20.00/hr.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and team-oriented with prior experience monitoring and responding to helpdesk related issues and requests, record events, problems and their resolutions utilizing helpdesk applications. You must be able to troubleshoot and problem-solve accordingly.
- Configuring, and troubleshooting server and data center related hardware
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Participate in on-call support, scheduled evening and weekend maintenance, and Disaster Recovery activities as required
- Implement new or updated applications and hardware as directed
- Conduct routine audits of hardware and software on workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university in an information technology field.
- 2-5 years of experience directly related to the position duties; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
- Intermediate networking skills including: troubleshooting network problems, traffic monitoring, PC connectivity and debugging, virus/spyware removal, DNS, DHCP, networked printers, file shares, and some familiarity and experience using Cisco routers and switches.
- In-depth understanding and effective troubleshooting methodology of TCP/IP protocols configuration and services such as DNS, DHCP, and SMTP
- Hands-on experience with Windows server 2012 and 2016
- Experience installing, troubleshooting and managing Microsoft products (Windows 7/10, and MS Office application suite)
- Knowledge in Cisco, Veeam, and VMWare preferred
- MCP certifications preferred
- CCNA certification preferred
- Experience with end user support